Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Homemade is just better


I don't know what has gotten into me.  I just made a huge batch of homemade coconut almond granola and then attempted to make apricot jam.  I did my own thing with the jam and it actually turned out quite yummy.  I just need to study up on the canning process so I can make large batches later. I was always one for modern conveniences but lately the thought of making everything from scratch has tickled me pink! I love being able to enjoy food that I know exactly where it came from and how it was made.  I think I have rubbed off on my oldest son.  After dinner, he decided he wanted to make homemade lemonade. I told him we had some I just bought from Sprouts, but  he said "The kind made from these, holding lemons, just tastes better mom."  While doing all this cooking, 
  I am still tossing around the thought of building a chicken coop in our backyard and maybe even hanging a clothes line.  My dad has said lately that I would have done
well on his family's farm in Nebraska.  I think I would have, for a few months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment