Saturday, May 7, 2011

Family Treasures

It is so hard to update a blog when you don't have a computer during the day.  One day I will have my own computer  :)

This past week, I came across something my great.great, grandmother made, a very cool blanket. When I was young, I actually had it as my bedspread.  I didn't know what had happened to it since.  I mentioned something to my mom about it, and here she had it in her closet! I fell in love with it again when I saw it.  I just didn't know exactly what I was going to do with it.  It definitely has the country cottage look that I love.  I have in a basket in our living room now so that I can enjoy the wonderful stitch that was done so long ago.   I was wondering if any of you had one of these in your family.  My great aunt said that these were pretty popular to make back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment