Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lego Party Complete



And it starts with the invitation. 

Then the decorations.



So I decided to us a lot of Lego scrapbooking paper.  Cheap and can be used in so many ways. I just cut different Lego sizes and taped them together.  I then placed them around the living room.  I also made these stickers from Vista Prints and put them on everything my husband would let me.  
This was the guessing station.  The teacher in me came out.  The kids had to guess how many Legos were in the jar.  Of course, they won a Lego set if they got close.  So my birthday boy first won and I had to explain to him that he couldn't win the prize.  He wasn't too happy that the prize went to his 4 year old cousin.  He was fine after he realized he had a stack of gifts to open. The front entry was also were I kept the party favors.  I found Lego sets on clearance at the Lego store for $.98 and made a square cookie that said thank you on it.  For the little ones, they got bubble wands and a cookies.  Some of the kids couldn't believe that they got to go home with Legos! Again, another cool sticker made on Vista Prints was placed on the goodie bag.  I have to say thanks to my friend Katie for introducing Vista Prints to me a few years ago.  One of my favorites places. Check them out www.vistaprints.com 
And then there was cake.... or cupcakes in my house.  So my son requested blackberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting and chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow cream cheese filling and chocolate frosting.  Let's just say we enjoy watching Cupcake Wars :) The cupcakes came out great.  I was shocked.  I made the cupcake signs with my handy Lego paper and Vista Print stickers.  




And then the table. So I got this really cool table runner idea from http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2011/01/lego-birthday-party.. So cute. It is bubble wrap spray painted to   look like a Lego base. Well it was suppose to :)

The party has come to an end.  My big boy is 6.  Now.... to start planning my niece Krysta's 21st birthday party in May.  What to do, what to do???  Princess theme is the winner.  So many ideas.  I will post them when I get them.  Have a great President's weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment